Sunday, March 27, 2016

Abruptly afloat on a sea of screaming - 3.27 #sol16 Story Challenge

"What am I going to write about today?" I think to myself as I perch at a high table in the library. This month-long challenge may be nearing its finish line, but the needle of my writing tank points perilously close to empty.

Then, my ears fasten onto an unseen voice on the far side of a high partition. "I don't want to leave!" the voice wails plaintively. "I don't want to leave! I don't want to leave!"

I figure the wailer for age five,  a distraught boy. Thanks for the slice, buddy; I know how you feel. It's the last day of my school's spring break. I don't want to leave, either.


5 comments:

  1. I love how words can float into your life, unasked for but apropos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great that the boy helped you out without any intention of doing so. So sad that your spring break is ticking away. I wouldn't want to leave either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stories will find you! Poor kid-I know the feeling. I hope your spring break gave you enough energy to face the last quarter. Why does spring break always seem so brief?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about the weekend ending! I don't want it to be over it it doesn't care. It's leaving anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your title was awesome! Hope your first day break has been painless. My first day back is tomorrow- it was a short break (Thurs, Fri, Monday) but seems so hard to get back into the routine. And our state tests start next week....You've done an amazing job with the Slice of Life blogging! Just a few more days to go...

    ReplyDelete