Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Study in bloody noses - 3.29 #sol16 Story Challenge

Little rates as more messily inconvenient than a bloody nose. That was the reminder I took away from the few pre-dawn minutes I spent splayed on the bedroom floor today, a tissue wadded into my right nostril, fingers pinching my crooked bridge.

Lying there, I also had enough time to recall the gusher that plagued me on a powder day a few winters ago: the snow spattered like a crime scene, a friend's favorite bandanna sacrificed to stop the bleeding, literally.

And any time I think of that moment, I can't forget (get this!) the time at the national championship tournament for Ultimate Frisbee, my team playing in the quarterfinals, me grumpily prone on the sideline leaking more nose blood, the game slipping out of reach.

Makes me wonder if my Achilles' heel might actually be a nose.


7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is hysterical! Funny when I was a teenage, I had the same problem, but thankfully it stopped happening! And yes it is a major inconvenience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like your nose knows just when to cramp your style. I haven't had a bloody nose in a while; but you are correct-"messily inconvenient!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! You've certainly found a way to present such a nuisance in a humorous way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure this isn't funny, but the way you presented it made me laugh. Hopefully, your Achilles' nostrils are tissue-free by now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great visual with the tissue stuck up your nostril! What a terrible inconvenience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your last line is the best! You have such a knack for the small moment/slice of life story! Hope you come back on Tuesdays... Going to miss reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Classic...achilles pinky perhaps?

    I am pretty sure I never gave you a bloody nose directly. Just had to stare at you.

    Keep writing...

    ReplyDelete