Monday, May 2, 2016

Looking backward & forward

On March 6, I wrote a baker's dozen of things I was avoiding; among them: "Making an orthopedic appointment to learn the truth about my sore knee." That appointment happened on March 23. (One of the fringe benefits of blogging is my meandering memory now has this handy record of sliced life.) Turns out the next item due to be sliced will be that aforementioned knee.

With apologies to a certain clumsy egg and the understanding that poetry isn't just for National Poetry month, here are four lines I drafted today:

Brian Rozinsky skied down a hill.
Brian Rozinsky took a big spill.
Now all the town's orthopedic expertise
Will soon try reconstructing Brian’s left knee.


7 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope your knee will be quickly repaired and healed and you can get back to that ultimate frisbee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really sorry to hear that!!! Hopefully it will be a quick fix. The clever word choices in your slices always make me wish I had such a quick wit and a way with words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, that stinks. Pain is no fun at all. But hopefully it's a quick and relatively easy fix for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no! I'm so sorry but I do appreciate the wry humor in your poem. When uncomfortable or even relatively rotten things happen to me, these words often pop into my mind: "Well, at least I'll get a slice out of it!" Wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no! I'm so sorry but I do appreciate the wry humor in your poem. When uncomfortable or even relatively rotten things happen to me, these words often pop into my mind: "Well, at least I'll get a slice out of it!" Wishing you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your bum knee (love your split slice). I can certainly identify with how slicing can help a meandering memory. I'm hoping to figure out how to tag my blog entries so I can locate specific posts more quickly. Here's to quick healing and a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes, Ramona. I saw this recently, which may help your quest (depending on your platform of preference): http://www.freetech4teachers.com/2016/04/how-to-add-label-clouds-to-blogger-blogs.html#.VytJn4QrIdU

      Delete