Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Lunch list - 3.28 #sol17 Story Challenge

Nine things I learned from Mrs. Gilbert, the proprietor of the restaurant where I ate lunch today:
  • The Publix grocery store around the corner is the second busiest in the state.
  • American Express issues a black card for celebrities who prefer to keep their names anonymous.
  • Her customers prefer pureed split-pea soup to the whole-pea variety.
  • McDonald's sells chicken noodle soup.
  • Guantanamo Bay continues to operate as a detention center.
  • SWAT team officers have to sit in booths on the ends because the weapons holstered at their hips prevent them from bending their knees.
  • Provisioning a yacht can be more easily done near Davie, FL, than in the Florida Keys.
  • Leaving your red Bentley in a lot where a second red Bentley may already be parked inevitably creates confusion.
  • Grilling over natural gas, versus propane, yields a better burger.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that was some conversation you must have had. Or were these observations overheard? This is such a great way to use a list. And that comment about the red Bentleys? Reminds me of what happened when I had lunch with my brother, the proud owner of a red Chrysler Crossfire; it was my slice on March 3: http://redemma1991.blogspot.com/2017/03/sol-3-my-brother-and-cars.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Conversation that I was partly involved in and partly observing. Mrs. Gilbert had lots on her mind :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, I would love to be a fly on the wall during this conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is quite a range of topics. You must have been there a long time. Some of these items make me glad I am a teacher, with a simple life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wealth of information! And a great listener to take all of that in (a fennec fox might be your teaching spirit animal too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a crazy mish mash of knowledge overload

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often find myself jotting words I hear other people saying when I am in a park, lobby, or restaurant. Usually when I am alone which is rare. But I love looking back at them. They often stir up a story. Sounds like Mrs. Gilbert was a treasure of information.

    ReplyDelete