Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Momentous momentum - 3.1 #sol17 Story Challenge

Like anniversaries, most data are highly arbitrary and decidedly un-fungible. Both matter a whole bunch to certain observers and pass by others without a glance.

Here's what I realize today: My entire life's blogging output prior to March 1, 2016 equals five measly entries. Over the last year, though, I've sat down to write for this blog 84 more times. I credit the Slice of Life Story Challenge and the Two Writing Teachers community for that uptick.

Writing daily makes writing weekly seem not so bad. Thus, happy 10th anniversary SOLSC. You're a gift, in my limited experience, that's still giving.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the importance of the SOL challenge. I am hoping that I also find it easier to write after participating this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a wonderful gift. I look back on earlier posts and see how far my writing has come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apt observation, and it feels good to see the number increase. Happy March, now closer to spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your using "un-fungible, measly & uptick" in the same few sentences is more than enough for me to applaud you & others for the wonderful slices I enjoy! Bravo & thanks! !dnuora lla sguH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you. With your encouragement I'll write a blog like this next year.

    ReplyDelete