Thursday, March 23, 2017

Probing question - 3.23 #sol17 Story Challenge

Yesterday, I finished a book called We Will Not Be Silent: The White Rose Student Resistance Movement That Defied Adolf Hitler by Russell Freedman. (It was a serendipitous find in the public library's e-book collection. Click here for a review from Common Sense Media.) This short nonfiction combines text and photographs to tell a riveting tale of college students in Germany who organized against the Nazis. As I read, I found myself uplifted and horrified in equal measure, learning about a moment in history I hadn't met before.

Among the ideas and remembrances I'm taking away from the book, there's one paraphrased wondering that stands out. A main character asks, "How should a responsible citizen act under a dictatorship?"


2 comments:

  1. I hope you can puzzle out your wondering. I'm not sure what your answer will be.

    The book sounds very interesting to me. I'll have to put it on my summer reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this movement but would like to read more about it!

    ReplyDelete