Top Ten Things SOLSC Means to Me
9. My repertoire of writing purposes stretches beyond workaday routines.
8. I write daily in March -- and I'll have you know it's a pretty short list of things I've done every single day this month.
7. I read others' writing each day, neither to evaluate nor grade, but just to respond.
6. I'm part of a writing community hundreds strong, with operatives around the globe.
5. As I search for writing ideas, I notice what I'd otherwise overlook.
4. It's opened an unexpected line of communication with my parents.
3. I don't just teach writing. I'm a writer.
2. Unexpected learning, from insightful quotes to recommended reading to classroom moves to cooking recipes.
1. It's a writing sandbox, a place to play with words. Thanks for the opportunity, Two Writing Teachers.