- Keynote speaker Amy Burvall reminded me of the beautiful simplicity that mantras unlock: Creating things is fun. Sharing is worthwhile. Play makes learning sticky.
- Speaking of creating... When digital projects need images or icons, check out Emojipedia or The Noun Project. (Thanks for pointers, Ro Jaimes and Sylvia Duckworth, respectively.)
- AutoMastery via Mary Ellen West is a clever dot-connecting add-on for those who assess via Google Forms and then want to parcel out differentiated follow-up practice to students.
- Jessica Loucks introduced me to free coding resources like CS First and Code Monkey that transform computers into more than mysterious -- dumb! -- black boxes.
- These words from Jeff Heil: “When kids are chasing grades, they don’t take chances. When kids are chasing learning, all they do is take chances.”
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Ten days out from attending a local EdTechTeam Summit, I'm still unpacking my learning. Here are five-plus souvenirs I brought back for you...
Posted by Brian Rozinsky at 7:46 AM